Downloading the Latest Release of Plans Unfolding
Click on the zip file below to download and save the latest version of Plans Unfolding. Detailed instructions are found here to upgrade to this version from a previous version as well as for a new, initial installation of this software.
Plans Unfolding Release 1.1 for Letter Paper (Windows 2000/XP/Vista):
Plans Unfolding Release 1.1 for A4 Paper (Windows 2000/XP/Vista):
Version 1.0 to Version 1.1:
- Added default fonts and font sizes to fix oversize widgets when user has large default Windows fonts.
- Added a menu option to change the user default fonts and font sizes.
- Added a menu option to copy a user to a new user.
- Added menu options to turn off printing fold lines and/or page numbers.
- Added preset variables for page location (corner or middle) and full and indented page widths as each page is loaded so page scripts can accommodate different page and display widths.
- Renamed the executable file as simply PlansUnfolding.exe (version number no longer in the filename).
- Added text throughout the manual for the new A4 version of the software.
- Added instructions for upgrading to Version 1.1 from an existing Version 1.0.
- Added instructions for for printers that don’t print far enough to the edge.
- Added a description of the menu option to change fonts and font sizes.
- Added a description of the menu option to copy a user to a new user.
- Added a description of menu options to turn off printing of fold lines and/or page numbers.
- Added a caution that when calculating coordinates the value with units must come first.
- Added a description of use of \providecounter and \providelength to declare counters and lengths that can be used in multiple page scripts.
- Added a description for creating custom commands in page scripts.
- Added examples of writing page scripts that work for both middle and corner page widths for both Letter and A4 output.
- Added a description of how page scripts can access variables specific to the current page (location, width, indented width, doubly-indented width, etc.).
- Added an example of a simple \foreach loop in a page script (music staffs) that also demonstrates the use of the \global\advance command for incrementing lengths within \foreach loops.
Major changes to the Users Manual are hyperlinked from the Release Changes section of the manual.